Thursday, November 3, 2016

Horse in Georgia

I seem to get into a rut sometimes with creating art. I come up with all kinds of excuses...I have too much work to catch up on, I'm too tired, it will take too long.  I have to remind myself that creating is suppose to be fun and relaxing, and to just get back to the basics, keep it simple until I find my creative "spark" again.  So I pull out my sketchbook and pencil:that is my comfort zone.
Here is a quick pencil sketch I did while on vacation in Georgia of the horse across the street, while hanging out in the countryside with the grandchildren. It was a beautiful warm fall afternoon and it would have been a perfect opportunity to do the sketch plein air, but I'm only there to visit with the grandkids for a short while, so I snap a picture with my phone, and wait for them to be off at school the next day.
I have to remember to schedule creative time onto my calendar or it will never happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment