Friday, January 6, 2017

Emerald Bay, watercolor

So, my New Year's resolution it to finish some paintings that have been sitting in my studios for too long, for various reasons. It's usually because I don't know what to do next, or I know what I need to do but am afaid of messing up. Fear needs to be removed from the equation. What's the worst that can happen? I mess up the painting and get to start over with new found knowledge! That is my resolution.
 This painting is from a photo I took this fall of Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe. I overworked the sky and water...just over aggressive with my blue paint. It also could be the Fabriano 140# hot press paper I'm using. It doesn't lend itself to any "scrubbing" and seems to get overworked easily.  I wasn't sure how to fix it so I let it sit.  Since its all just part of the learning process, I have finished the rest of the painting, and posted it anyway, even with its imperfections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment