Friday, December 19, 2014

Painting coquito bottles

Every year around Christmas, we make a batch or two of coquito, a Puerto Rican version of spiked egg nog. The Puerto Rican tradition is to gift hand-painted bottles full of coquito, then the following year they return the empty painted bottle for a refill.  I painted a bunch back in 2012, but never got all of them filled. My wife was too attached to a few of them and didn't want to give them away!
Painting on a glass bottle is an interesting challenge. We invited some friends over this year to paint their own bottles. The problem is that we kept drinking the coquito! The skull is the one I created this year for my daughter...not necessarily for coquito. The other ones are bottles I painted two years ago.

This year's bottle painting







No comments:

Post a Comment