Thursday, March 17, 2016

Blackout poetry

This blog is called  "A Creative Journey", and so every once I while, to keep my creativity fresh, I throw in something completely different: poetry!  It has been a while since I posted an activity from my Artist's Way group. This activity was so simple but very thought provoking at the same time. I always try to stretch myself creatively, and this group always challenges me with something new, and this was no exception. I am not one to actually write poetry but this was a fun way to create it without having to write.
My first piece was out of an Agatha Christie book. There was a lot of dialogue so I tried to find a page without too many gaps but other than that, it was a random page. Then I went through and circled the words that stood out to me. Sharpie was my tool of choice for the blacking out.
The Secret of Romance

My next selection was a page out of Ernest Holmes, a new thought writer who focuses on one's spirituality...quite the opposite kind of text compared to Agatha Christie! I decided to take this one a step further with both color (still Sharpie though) as well as creating a face within the text.
Spiritual Awareness

No comments:

Post a Comment