Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Empowered Kids' logo acrylic painting

I've been working on this for quite a while and have been working on a lot of new things. I started this project with stretching my first canvas. Then white washed it with primer...it stretched it so tight the frame boards warped a little. Definitely the biggest piece I have worked on by far at 4 ft x 4 ft. The concept was to combine the imagesof the kids holding hands around the world and the ripple effect to create a logo for the Empowered Kids program at Clarity Academy of Spiritual Arts.
I started with just a big blue circle...and it sat like that for a long time as I mulled over what this was going to look like. Once I started putting down the kids bodies, I was inspired. I was finally on a roll and really got into the details on each of the kids, especially on each of the faces and outfits.  Some of them are loosely based on actual kids in the Empowered Kids program!
Now I just need to figure out how to un-warp the frame ...maybe some braces in the corners to straighten it out? Otherwise, I can pull the canvas off the frame altogether and hang it on dowels...
   

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing painting. Your efforts are really appreciable . As a pop art artist we also created some amazing custom pop art portraits . We can convert your favorite picture into a custom portrait painting with an easy way.

    ReplyDelete