Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Evening landing of a mallard watercolor

"Evening" by Mikko Tyllinen
Happy New Year! My resolution this year is to paint more...so here is my first painting of the new year. I am trying to loosen up my paintings and not get too caught up in details. The inspiration for this piece was "Evening" by Mikko Tyllinen.
I really like the wet-on-wet effect that I got in the sky. I think I was able to catch the style and color of "Evening", not so much though with the foliage...
Detail of mallard
Funny story with the mallard, it was supposed to be one of the little birds that I was experimenting with. But the paper was still too wet and it bled into a large mess so I decided the blob looked like a bird coming in for a landing.  So I added in some detail and voila! I guess I just couldn't stay away from the detail...


No comments:

Post a Comment