Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meditative art with Artists' Way for the New Year 2014

My Artists' Way group got together to bring in the New Year with some meditative art. We laid background color first, just whatever inspired us. Then we came up with one word that would be our intention for the year 2014 - I picked JOY...I can always make a situation better by looking at it from a state of joy! With this word in mind, we went on a guided visualization/meditation.  This is what came to me...a big oak tree (no surprise since being out in nature always brings me joy!) with a little door...kind of adds that little bit of curiosity to what is inside?  I did a quick sketch with a ball point pen just to get my ideas down and then went to work on the canvas. I love the bright colors that I created in the background before I even knew I was going to paint a tree! I get more comfortable with acrylic every time I work with it.  Quite unlike my Empowered Kids logo which took over 6 months, this was done in less than 2 hours.  I think I captured my sketch very well with the painting.
 I used a gold paint for the word "joy" so it really catches the light, I love it!

Here are some of the other creations made by the others in the group...what a creative group we have!

The background with some texturing added in

Here is my intention on the canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment