Sunday, April 27, 2014

Monet bridge second version

Here is my second Monet Bridge that I started at home midway through my David Lobenberg workshop. I began the same way as my first Monet Bridge with tracing a photocopy of the bridge with pencil (I need to keep my pencilwork much softer so it doesn't take away from the end piece), then put in some light washes (tea consistency, as David Lobenberg refers to it) and then the color on the bridge and some of the shadows.  I noticed that I didn't have the same saturation of color in this one. I need to make sure I am using more pigment to bring out more color in my paintings.


Finished piece, Monet Bridge #2
Here is my first one to compare it with. They both have parts to them that I really like (as well as some flaws) 
Monet Bridge #1


No comments:

Post a Comment