Friday, April 25, 2014

Afternoon fishing on the American River, watercolor

I decided to take my pencil drawing of Afternoon fishing on the American River and turn it into a watercolor. I liked the composition of the drawing and I had all of the light and dark values.  I just needed to put in color.  To simplify things, I took my original drawing and enlarged it on the copier. Then by putting it up on the window (instead of  a light box), I traced my main outlines. From there, I just had to get creative filling in the colors, drawing from what I remembered  a month ago when I was sitting down by the river.
I've got this painting ready to enter into the "Painting Where the Wild Things Are" show at Sacramento Fine arts Center,  art inspired by the American River Parkway.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and much good luck to you! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete