Monday, December 16, 2013

Portrait of a guitar player in watercolor

It seems like it's been forever since I have posted anything...over a month! Where did November go? Anyways, I'm back to creating, and what better way than at Patris Studio and Art Gallery with a free 2nd Saturday long pose.  I am developing more confidence with portraits as I continue practicing.  The challenge that I have is developing the right skin tone  (as you can see from my test patches at the bottom) and then not having it look flat.  One of the other artists there gave me some pointers and suggested adjusting skin tone for different areas of the face... adding a little yellow to lighten the skin tone and green  to darken the skin tone. Sounded odd but I think it turned out well. And I was pleased with the hand too! (Something else that I needed to practice.) The whole eye-liner thing seems to have worked too!

No comments:

Post a Comment