Sunday, October 27, 2013

Skull Art for Day of the Dead

plain sugar skull, front and back
Instead of all of the art celebrating Halloween, I thought I would try some art in celebration of Day of the Dead. Spanglish Arte had a workshop for decorating sugar skulls, and Day of the Dead face painting.  I figured I would let my younger daughter do the face painting while my older daughter and I did the skulls. "Painting" with frosting was a unique experience, but the sugar skulls are completely edible! (sugar, meringue, and water) My mask turned out a little like a mexican wrestler mask.
My daughter's sugar skull
My sugar skull












My other daughter face painting











As long as I was in skull theme, I figured I would practice some pencil drawing as well.  It is challenging to smudge purposefully and not smudge in places not intended as in some of  my other pencil sketches. I tend to smudge the bottom left side due to my left-handedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment