Friday, March 20, 2015

Lily pond in watercolor

This is the second challenge that I have taken on that was presented by the Google+ community Group Watercolor Painting. The concept behind the group is that we all paint in different styles, and to demonstrate this, we all paint the same picture in our own way.
I'm not sure if there is much difference between a lily pond and a lotus pond, and I took a similar approach to painting both this piece and the Lotus Pond that I painted 6 months ago.  Both were from a photo, then traced onto watercolor paper. The lily pads really make or break the perspective of both pieces. This one had so many lily pads, it got a little muddled. Some turned out really well, while others, not so much. (My eye keeps focusing on the manatee shaped leaf on the bottom right) I can't  even imagine Monet's garden with hundreds of lily pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment