Sunday, March 22, 2015

Tapping into inner child through art

I usually paint from a photo or plein air. I rarely paint straight from my imagination, but it's good to exercise my imagination once in a while. In our Artist Way group we had a meditation to tap into our creativity and childhood memories of it. What do we remember about being creative as a child and how has that changed as we became adults? Many times we fall into a routine as adults and forget to make time to be creative in our busy, hectic schedules.
I cut "doors" into either side of the paper before I began, writing a word from my childhood inside on the top, something for my adult self on the bottom. Then I created this whimsical piece with watercolor pencils and colored pencils. 
If I was to do this again, I would have cut the doors after the piece was finished so it would not bleed through to the paper taped behind,  but it is harder to cut into art that has already been created.




No comments:

Post a Comment