Friday, July 3, 2015

Lighthouse revisited

So after letting this sit for a while, I decided I needed to lighten the lighthouse in my Santa Cruz seascape. I lifted the black with a wet brush, scrubbing it the best I could without overworking the paper. I added some pops of green to the lighthouse, which was the color actually in my reference photo but too washed out by the light to see(as cameras do) but I had other shots of the lighthouse from other angles. Green is also the complimentary color to the red in the sail. Then to balance the color out I added green to the rocks, giving it a mossy look! I still need to work on subjects that are backlit, but for now, I think this is finished!
Lighthouse detail - the green is still hard to see because of the photo

Revised
Original

No comments:

Post a Comment