Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy new year, champagne watercolor

 Happy 2016! Since I planned on staying warm and cuddling with my wife for a calm and mellow New Years Eve, I had some rime to start this painting. I actually didn't finish it until this morning though.
I'm not sure about the background that I put here. It seems to wash out the bottle and glass. I actually put the background after I sketched it but before I started painting the bottle and glass. I had another case of "paint first, plan later".  Maybe I just need to go darker on the background? I really like the effect of the bubbles I got in the champagne glass but the bottle still seems unfinished...
Another effect of my paint first, plan later is the question of "Where did the champagne in the glass come from if the bottle isn't open yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment