Saturday, April 9, 2016

Painting mist with watercolor

After watching a free video tutorial by Jean Lurssen on how to paint mist with watercolors, here is my attempt. It is very moody and definitly not like my usual landscapes, but I like its simplicity. In fact, it is quite the opposite of my last piece, fantasy landscape watercolor, which is very colorful and playful. I used a half sized page so it is only 7" x 11" and a limited palette of mostly payne's grey and a little ultramarine blue and burnt sienna.

2 comments:

  1. I love how each artist's interpretation is different and uniquely their own in style. You did a great job of creating mist Michael. Makes me feel good as an instructor when someone achieves the concept so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted your painting on my blog, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete