Friday, May 31, 2013

Plein air painting at the pond in Hagan Park, Rancho Cordova


I was out at Hagan Park this week, looking for some insiration to paint, with my new stool and easle that I had gotten for my birthday. Whenever I am here I always think about the large pond but never made the time to sit down and paint it, until now! The pond is always smooth and reflective, so I challenged myself with treating the reflction a little different than I  usually do when I am out painting the river. I quite like the texture that it created in the painting! The idea of painting vertically instead of having the painting pad on my lap was tricky to get use to.  It is suppose to help the paint flow better, but I guess it takes some getting use to.
It's kind of intimidating looking at the photograph right next to my painting, but I think I did a pretty good representation of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment