Sunday, September 22, 2013

Watercolor of wine grapes

A friend of mine had a birthday coming up and one of the things he loves is vineyards, grapes, anything to do with wine. And it's that time of year...Crush! I had seen a painting at an art studio a while back that inspired me to create something similar. With the help of Google Images, I had an image as a starting point and went from there.
Since this was going to be a framed piece, I actually worked backwards so it would fit in an existing 11x14 frame I had with a 1/4 inch border since it did not have a mat. With a little measuring and remeasuring (Why do they make 11x14 sized pads of paper 11x15?) I got the painters tape laid out for the correct size painting. I usually work outside but since I was inside, I had to pull out the blow dryer several times just to get the paint to dry so I could move on...waiting for paint to dry if not one of my strengths!

Here is the finished piece, framed and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment