Monday, October 14, 2013

Potential, the oak within the acorn, revisited and renamed

before...
Back in March, I had done a quick colored pencil sketch in my sketch pad. I called it " The Oak Within the Acorn".  As I was going back through my drawings this week, I thought "what a waste to have it sitting in a sketch pad on a shelf." I decided it needed to be "grounded", so I finished up the acorn by giving it a shadow and some grass to root itself in.  I have renamed the piece "Potential", and figured that if this art was going to fulfill its potential, I should frame it and donate it to Clarity Academy of Spiritual Arts, the place that inspired the drawing in the first place. I hope it will be enjoyed much more being displayed on a wall than sitting inside a sketchbook!

Completed and framed - Potential

No comments:

Post a Comment