Sunday, October 27, 2013

Watercolor of a starry night

Now that we are finally getting some fall weather here in Sacramento, I was reminiscing about a painting that I thought of doing while camping this summer. One of those scenes that I only wish I could capture with a camera: a starry night under the trees!
And then after attending the Rancho Cordova City Hall art show themed "UP", I could not resist putting this idea onto paper! The perspective definitely makes you think of looking "up".
I have been wanting to try mixing salt with watercolors for a while and I thought it might create a "starry" sky. Not quite as dark and contrasting as I had hoped for, but definitely interesting texture. Once I was all done, it reminded me of one of the paintings from the Subaru commercial with the plein air painter! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment