Monday, October 14, 2013

Watercolor painting and sketching from a model

It's been a couple of weeks since I have painted and it's always easier to get inspired (or peer pressured) if there is a group of artists working, so I went to Patris' Studio to paint from a model. The last time I was there, practicing portraits, I felt the painting was a little flat or dull, so I decided to liven this portrait up by focusing just on the face and incorporating some brighter colors.

Then I  moved to the other side of the room and did a full body sketch with pencil. I'm old-fashion and just use a #2 pencil. I also have a tendency to make smudge-marks.  I still need to work on hands, one of those things that always seem to look a little awkward.  If I had more time, I might have created this in watercolor. I will put it on my "art" to-do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment